In today’s day and age, influencer marketing is becoming much more prevalent. Due to the increase in demand, it is important to stand out as an influencer. Branding is something that is essential for anyone hoping to become a successful influencer.
Branding helps establish what you want to convey to your audience. Your brand represents you and what you want to showcase through your social media platform(s). Having a cohesive brand helps you to stand out to brands when negotiating brand deals, stand out to potential followers when they come across your profile, and assure your followers are truly interested in your content. Branding is often overlooked, however, it is extremely important to consider your brand to take your content to the next level.
Steps to create a consistent brand:
- Determine who your target audience is – once you do this you will be able to create a brand that appeals to your ideal demographic.
- Once you find who you want to appeal you, you should then think about what kind of content you want to create for your audience. You want to be sure that the content you post will captivate the audience you aspire to have. Creating a Pinterest board or some form of an idealist would be most helpful.
- Next, you should think about why you want to be an influencer. Why do you want to appeal to this audience and create this content. Having a why is important because it defines your brand. Your why should fuel you to create. Your why will also allow others to connect with you and want to follow and engage with you and your content.
- Once you have your who, what, and why we can move on to the visual aspects of branding such as a color scheme. It is important to determine which colors you would like to associate with your brand. This is to create a look and feel that will be prevalent throughout your content.
- In addition to a color scheme, you also want to consider which fonts you use. If creating content that utilizes fonts you want to be sure that your font scheme represents you and your brand. If you are going for a whimsical vibe you will want to use light and airy scripts as where someone creating a fitness vibe may want to use a more bold and stern font. Fonts may seem obsolete but are something to consider when creating a brand.
- To really go above and beyond you may want to create a logo that encompasses all the above steps and shows off who you are and what you represent.
These steps are only the beginning of creating your brand. From here you can go on to create a website that further encompasses your brand as opposed to strictly using social media. You can also expand to multiple social media platforms, in which your brand should be consistent among all those platforms you are using.
Branding is a time-consuming and extensive process but is definitely worth the time and effort. Having superb branding is something that will truly propel you forward in the influencer world. If branding is something you struggle with you can also consult with a branding expert for advice. If you are looking for advice or help with your branding be sure to head over to BeBranded for more information on how to get your branding process started.